Eduardo Groisman PhD
Professor of Microbial Pathogenesis and Residential College Associate Fellow in Faculty of Arts and Sciences; HHMI Investigator
Departments & Organizations
Bacterial genetics; Signal transduction; Infectious diseases; Gene regulation; Bacteria-host interactions; Gut commensal bacteria more...
- M.S., University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1980
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1986
- A bacterial virulence protein promotes pathogenicity by inhibiting the bacterium's own F1Fo ATP synthase. Lee EJ, Pontes MH, Groisman EA. Cell. 2013 Jul 3;154(1):146-56. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2013.06.004.
- The lipopolysaccharide modification regulator PmrA limits Salmonella virulence by repressing the type three-secretion system Spi/Ssa. Choi J, Groisman EA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jun 4;110(23):9499-504. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1303420110. Epub 2013 May 20.
- Intramolecular arrangement of sensor and regulator overcomes relaxed specificity in hybrid two-component systems. Townsend GE 2nd, Raghavan V, Zwir I, Groisman EA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jan 8110(2):E161-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1212102110. Epub 2012 Dec 19.